Our services cover a broad and dynamic industry with exposure to maritime trade and we would be very interested in applicants with previous maritime, banking, trade and supply chain related customer services experience to apply, although this is not mandatory. All applicants will be considered.
- Be the first point of contact for queries from customers and distributors in the region.
- Receive and respond to incoming emails, phone and live chat queries in a professional and timely manner and ensure all enquiries are recorded, progressed and resolved, using the systems and tools provided.
- Follow up with customers/distributors to ensure support issues have been resolved effectively.
- Provide training and onboarding support for new customers and subsequently identify ongoing training needs for existing customers and distributors on new products and product enhancements.
- Maintain regular contact with customers and distributors to build, develop and manage strong working relationships. Treating all customers in line with Pole Star standards, with a view to encouraging repeat business and reputational referrals.
- Acquire and retain a detailed understanding the client’s relationship with sanctions & compliance through market and industry research
- To comply with company policy and procedure, meeting with SLA’s and escalating issues where necessary.
- To prepare appropriate analysis and provide recommendations for improvements to processes, products and customer experience.
Contribute to Customer Support team and other teams
- Follow business processes and use company mandated systems and records (eg Salesforce).
- Liaise closely with Sales, Finance and Technical Support to ensure that customer expectations are met.
- Contribute to new product development and implementation by gathering customer feedback and relaying to the product office accordingly.
- Occasional travel nationally and internationally to provide on-site support and training and represent the company at exhibitions, trade shows and events as and when required.
- At least 4 years’ experience in quality senior customer/client services, preferably in a self-sufficient environment
- Fluency in English essential, other languages would be an advantage
- Proven track record of customer management and relationship development and Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Able to work on own initiative and to contribute to the Customer Operations teams objectives
- Ability to build productive relationship with 3rd party contacts
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Able to work well and keep calm under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional, well presented
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
- Customer-focused approach
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written - for many of our customers, English is not their first language and continues engagement with Pole Star staff in international offices is essential for the success of this role
- An exceptional telephone manner, including excellent listening skills
- Strong PC skills and proficiency in all MS Office software
- Enthusiasm for Technology
- Customer support experience working within a technology and/or B2B trade finance industry or supply chain related environment would be an advantage.
- We will also insist that you can have fun in our family-oriented environment while delivering on our vision to delight the customer
- Must be available to travel to other Pole Star offices regularly for refresher and cross training, this could be as often as one a month but less so once more competent with Pole Star products
We are looking for an individual who is:
- Self-sufficient, open-minded, flexible, creative, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Ready to take responsibility, ownership and use initiative
- A strong team player
- Willing to learn and develop within the role
- Hunger for process improvement and innovation