- Design, develop, test, and maintain applications according to established processes.
- Modify behaviour of existing features and some green field development.
- Implement new features
- Identify production and non-production application issues
- Support formal testing and resolution of any issues
- Identify opportunities to improve software performance, running costs and monitoring tools.
- Work alongside DevOps teams in the deployment of applications into development, test, and production environments.
The ideal candidate would have:
- At least 3 year’s commercial Java development experience (version 8 or later).
- IDE-based Java development (preferably Eclipse).
- SQL (PostgreSQL).
- “Enterprise” Java (JBoss 5 or later, Spring, Spring Boot).
- A solid understanding of
- Agile techniques (including pairing, stand ups, and TDD).
- RESTful API design (classes, libraries, frameworks, or services).
- Dependency injection (by any technique).
- Web protocols (HTTP, HTTPS).
- XML and SOAP.
- Version Control (GitHub, branches, pull requests, and code review).
- AWS (Cloudformation, EC2, RDS, SQS, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy).
- Bash (or similar shell scripting language).
- Issue tracking (JIRA).
- Linux (as an administrator).
- Message queues (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, and message-driven code).
We are looking for an individual who is:
- Ability to work autonomously or in an ad-hoc team.
- Commercial awareness.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken English.
- A thorough approach.
- Curiosity and willingness to learn and develop within the role.
- General understanding, rather than specific knowledge.
- High attention to detail.
Hours are 9:00 - 5:00 Monday to Friday
We offer all of our employees a generous benefits package to show how much we appreciate their contribution to our successful business. The benefits are optional, you can all of them or none of them
- life assurance, company funded to 3x salary
- 10% bonus
- 5% pension scheme
- Vitality Health private health insurance
- Cigna dental insurance
- 25 days holiday (and can buy or sell more days)
- refer-a-friend recruitment bonus scheme
- annual travel card loan
- free fruit and cold-pressed juices delivered to office
- gym membership subsidy
- onsite showers and 24/7 Gym
- charity and volunteering day
- many social events
- staff discount at Westfield Shopping Centre and online