We are looking for a Customer Support Representative to join our team. The aim is to provide customers and distributors with excellent customer support at all times. This primarily relates to training on Pole Star products and giving assistance on all variety of queries as required. The role also includes the responsibility of ensuring customer’s satisfaction by liaising closely with the sales, finance, product and development teams to create a first-class customer experience.
Our services cover a broad and dynamic industry with exposures to maritime trade and we would be very interested in applicants with previous maritime, banking, trade and supply chain related customer services experience to apply.
Respond to customer issues
- Provide the first point of contact for all incoming queries from customers and distributors.
- Receive and respond to incoming emails, phone and live chat queries in a professional and timely manner and ensure all enquiries are recorded, progressed and resolved, using the systems and tools provided.
- Follow up with customers/distributors to ensure support issues have been resolved effectively.
Proactively engage customers
- Provide training and support for new customers and subsequently identify ongoing training needs for existing customers and distributors on new products and product enhancements.
- Maintain regular contact with customers and distributors to build strong working relationships.
Contribute to Customer Support team and other teams
- Follow business processes and use company mandated systems and records (eg Salesforce).
- Liaise closely with Sales, Finance and Technical Support to ensure that customer expectations are met.
- Work as part of Key Account teams (Sales, Finance and Technical Support).
- Look out for sales opportunities and ensure they are communicated to the Sales Team.
- Contribute to new product development and implementation.
- Occasional travel nationally and internationally to provide on-site support and training and represent the company at exhibitions, trade shows and events as and when required.
- Fluency in English essential, other languages would be an advantage
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written - for many of our customers, English is not their first language
- An exceptional telephone manner, including excellent listening skills
- Strong PC skills and proficiency in all MS Office software
- Enthusiasm for Technology
- Customer support experience working within a technology and/or finance related environment would be an advantage.
- We will also insist that you can have fun in our family-oriented environment while delivering on our vision to delight the customer
We are looking for an individual who is:
- Open-minded, flexible, creative, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Able to keep calm under pressure
- Ready to take responsibility and use initiative
- A team player
- Willing to learn and develop within the role
- Hungry for process improvement and innovation
Full time Monday - Friday
Weekend remote cover also required on a rota basis
22 days paid holiday
AIA medical and dental cover
Central Provident Fund pension
Annual Wage Supplement
Starting salary 27,600 Singapore Dollars
Pole Star Space Applications is a leading provider of ship-centric tracking, monitoring, compliance, and risk management services. We are a small team in Singapore but a global area of activity providing services and business applications to a broad industry which includes Shipping and Offshore, Governments and Maritime Administrations, Financial sector including Banks, Insurance, Commodity and Trade financing as well as other areas of industry that has exposures to maritime trade and Shipping.