Quality Assurance is core to Solutions Delivery at Pole Star and we require a Senior SDET. The Quality Assurance team at Pole Star consists of passionate testers who have worked across diverse programmes. Our clients include Governments, Financial Institutions and Shipping Industry.
This is a hybrid role that requires a solid (hands-on) development and testing background.
You will be working with a group of senior development leads and help with designing manual and automated tests, data mining (if needed), testing and issue analysis.
This involves testing sensitive and complex data specifications, data algorithms and micro services.
We are seeking smart technologists with a passion for clean, concise code and test standards and a good knowledge of data centric systems. Cross functional experience across development and QA will be required for this role.
Should be able to demonstrate strong analytical and logical problem solving skills (technical and functional).
Any experience of working in government / regulatory programmes/projects will be a plus.
We are looking for someone with proven experience of coding / testing:
- Data Feeds
- Internet of Things
- Data Algorithms testing
- Security (Desirable hands-on experience / understanding of data security)
Candidates will get:
- Opportunity to work with and influence a wide range of teams, stakeholders in identifying and using data for business intelligence and improvements.
- Exposure and involvement in Data Quality implementation (rules, Data Quality engines, Data Quality processes)
(Essential unless specified otherwise)
- Development - Background in development essential. We are looking for someone who can prove solid experience as a developer.
- Extensive experience of XML based programmes, testing XML and solid experience of JSON
- Coding experience in one or more languages - Java, Python, Scala.
- Experience in VBS, SQL and SAS is an added advantage.
- Strong understanding networking concepts such as TCP/IP and virtualized environments.
- QA experience - This role will need extensive experience of testing complex applications and services. The role may involve creating complex frameworks and working with other SDETs and Development leads.
- API testing - The suitable candidate will have extensive API testing experience (SOAP & REST web services)
Preferred test tool - PostMan, Jupyter Notebook
- Manual tests - Should be able to create manual tests and document detailed scripts.
- Data testing - This is an important aspect of the programme. Further requirements elaborated in the Data testing section.
- Docker - Good experience of using docker to manage and replicate test environments.
- Proven experience of developing and maintaining fast, reliable automated test frameworks on high-throughput data centric systems.
- Extensive experience of using the Cucumber framework.
- Experience with Selenium Webdriver will be an added advantage.
- Any experience/knowledge of telnet, sat. terminals will be added advantage.
- Pair Programming (test scripts) may be required.
- Responsible for Defect life-cycle / triage process.
- Will be accountable for ensuring our QA KPI’s are met before signing off releases from QA gate.
- Will be involved in the planning and set-up of test infrastructure (hardware / application servers), manage software versions released to test.
- Monitor test environment database clusters, UAT / pre-prod and test data.
- Monitor gaps between test and production environments.
- Communicate with Dev-ops and Dev teams to ensure changes are controlled across test and prod environments.
- May need to watch over pre-configured assets on Prod and test environments.
Note for applicants
Candidates must be able to prove hands-on experience. Please do not apply for this role if you do not meet the requirements detailed as part of this role.
Terms and conditions
This is a one-year fixed-term contract role (extendable) based at our West London office. And we can offer direct employment with benefits up to a salary of £60,000 p.a.