The marine insurance industry, despite its emphasis on risk management and sustainability as well as track record in managing risks, is also facing tremendous winds of change. While the growth opportunities shine in the era of digital disruption and technological innovation, they come embedded with increased piracy, terrorism and hijacking, raging cyber threats and crimes, shortage of human expertise as well as tough market conditions of decreasing world tonnage and falling rates. Hence the theme for the 2017 Asia Marine Insurance Conference is “Finding Anchorage in the Perfect Storm”.
The 2-day conference will provide the premium peer networking and dialogue event for ship owners, ship managers, underwriters and all the stakeholders in the maritime industry to come together to discuss the common threats and issues and find sustainable solutions of mutual interest to insurers and the maritime community. This year’s panel discussions and expert presentations will provide insightful updates on Cargo, Hull and P&I including:
• Latest evolving, emerging risks in an innovative era
• Maritime and marine insurance regulations and insurance implications
• Are insurers keeping pace with technology
• Real challenges in marine underwriting: Pricing/Salvage and claims
• Focus on large vessels and complex projects
• Major incidents’ insurance updates, legal case studies and more
• What’s in store for Asia’s shippers, tankers, and other maritime stakeholders
• Creating marine insurance hubs
Duncan Halliday is speaking on day 2 of the conference, in the Managing Cyber Threats session.
Don't miss Vessel Efficiency and Cyber Security - Are They Mutually Exclusive at 12:10pm.